How to improve the OpenGL performance for AE
j***@adobeforums.com
2009-04-03 10:34:17 UTC
I upgraded my display card from Nvidia 8600GT to GTX260+ hoping to have a better and smoother scrubbing of the timeline in AE. But to my disappointment, there is absolutely no improvement at all. I checked the OpenGL benchmark of the 2 cards with the Cinebench software and the results are almost the same for the 2 cards.

I wonder why the GTX260+ costs as much as about 3 times the cost of the 8600GT, but the OpenGL performance is almost the same.

Any idea how to improve the OpenGL performance please ?

Regards
M***@adobeforums.com
2009-04-03 15:20:30 UTC
Have you considered, that your motherboard may be the bottleneck? No increase in performance sounds like the PCIe slot is not able to work in higher modes and may simply be stuck at the default 4x or so...

Mylenium
D***@adobeforums.com
2009-04-03 17:41:09 UTC
And I'm curious where and how you got the idea OpenGL could actually be improved.

Editorial opinion: On Macintosh, the whole OpenGL thing is a ruthlessly cruel joke. Terrible waste of money for all of us who have chased the dream after falling for the Marketing Hype. We really ought to know better.

bogiesan
N***@adobeforums.com
2009-04-03 19:08:36 UTC
Bogie, I hope you mean OpenGL on the *Mac version of After Effects* is a cruel joke, and not OpenGL on the Mac in general.