Aftereffects CS4 Crashes when I try to resize an efffect on an Adjustment layer, Help!
a***@adobeforums.com
2008-11-20 00:16:21 UTC
Anyone have the program crash when you try to resize an adjustment layer after you apply an Effect. The one I used was CC Rain and it resizes 1 few cm and Crashes. If you have had this please let me know what you did ti fix it. My CS3 works like a champ, Cs4 Is hangin then crashing.
a***@adobeforums.com
2008-11-20 00:25:56 UTC
Hers is the intial message
After Effects error: AE_OpenGL: A texture in this compositin is too small to render. Switching to Adaptive resolution mode. Click OK

Then I get
After Effects error: crash occurred while invoking render plugin "AE_OpenGl". Click ok

Then is says
After Effects cant continue: sorry, After Effects has crashed se adobe.com/support/products/aftreffects.html for known issues. if you still cant resolve, please contact Adobe Technical Support (2)

(0::42)
Then is givs me a chance to save the project then it goes in to

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtiem Error!
Program c:\Program Fi....

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Please contact the application support team for more information. Click ok

Then you have to run thru all the same errors again but get ine differnt

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Run timer Erroe!
Program:? C:\Program Fi...
R6025
-pure virtual function call,
click ok
c***@gmail.com
2013-01-03 04:23:59 UTC
Todd Kopriva
2008-11-20 05:25:04 UTC
Did you follow the instructions in the error message and call Adobe Technical Support?

You can contact Adobe Technical Support for help with issues like this. You are entitled to a certain number of free calls for "installation issues, basic usage questions, and troubleshooting unexpected behavior for documented features".

For information on what free technical support you're entitled to, see this page:

<http://www.adobe.com/support/programs/customer/gss.html>

Have you tried disabling OpenGL?

To disable OpenGL for rendering previews, choose Edit > Preferences > Previews (Windows) or After Effects > Preferences > Previews (Mac OS), and deselect Enable OpenGL.

"Render with OpenGL" <http://help.adobe.com/en_US/AfterEffects/9.0/WS3878526689cb91655866c1103a4f2dff7-79e8a.html>
M***@adobeforums.com
2008-11-20 09:33:50 UTC
Does the behavior occur with other effects as well? Also please provide some info about your graphics card and operating system...

Mylenium
J***@adobeforums.com
2009-03-04 16:59:46 UTC
I get this same error too.

I have isolated this problem to OpenGL, but thats for my video card it maybe different for you.

As said before if you resize any layer by using it's control handles it will crash AE CS4 but only when I have OpenGL on.

I have a nvidia Gforce 9800GTX+ which is listed as a supported video card and in AE preferences -> previews -> OpenGL info AE states that All the listed Capabilites are supported. I have the newest video drivers also.

This really sucks because I just spent alot of money on a big upgrade because Adobe list this videocard as being supported. What a let down.

As for calling support I just spent over 30 minutes waiting on hold just to get hung up on. I hate calling India.
M***@adobeforums.com
2009-03-04 19:00:31 UTC
What effects do you use? Sounds like you are using an accelerated effect and this conflicts with the composition window OpenGL drawing. could you try to set the "Accelerate effects using..." option in your prefs to software, but leave the rest of OpenGL on and see if this works?

Mylenium