Is this Mini PC fast enough for AE CS4?
o***@adobeforums.com
2009-03-19 13:16:00 UTC
<http://www.transtec.co.uk/GB/E/products/personal_computer/pc/mini_pc.html?mod=prod&name=SY610TA65-M#>

Is this powerful enough to run Adobe CS4 softwares (Photoshop , After Effects, Premiere etc)? 4GB memory, Intel T9500 processor and 250GB 7200rpm HDD are easily fast enough components, but I'm not sure if that integrated graphics card can handle them.
M***@adobeforums.com
2009-03-19 18:01:24 UTC
Please re-read the system requirements for CS4 products. It clearly states "NVidia or ATI" for graphics card, so no, the system won't cut it, not in AE, not in Premiere, not in Photoshop, not for anything related to PixelBender (Flash, AE, PS)...

Mylenium
o***@adobeforums.com
2009-03-31 16:57:05 UTC
How about you don't reply when you don't know what you are talking about.

Intels x3100 supports DirectX 10.0, Shared Model 4.0 and OpenGL 2.0. Everything Adobe CS4 programs need.
Sébastien_Pé
2009-03-31 17:08:10 UTC
Well it may or may not work. If Adobe asks for Ati or Nvidia it's because they tested their drivers intensively and made sure that you will have a smooth ride with these cards.

If you don't use an Ati or Nvidia card, and you experience problems, support won't be able to help you as you don't meet their requirements.

So it's up to you to take the risk.
M***@adobeforums.com
2009-04-01 05:53:04 UTC
How about you don't reply when you don't know what you are talking about.

Huh? You're confusing merely theoretical specs here and the system requirements on the Adobe page clearly speak of NVidia and ATI cards. And for what it's worth, check the Photoshop and Encore forums, there are several people there with X3100 based systems who can't get any hardware acceleration. And by all means: I know what I'm talking about, I test this stuff. So don't piss on my lawn. :-P

Mylenium
K***@adobeforums.com
2009-04-03 18:03:19 UTC
How about you don't reply when you don't know what you are talking about.

How about this: YOU don't reply unless you can use some manners and tact ?